Monday, October 25, 2010

No time to dwell on City, Newcastle up next for Arsenal

Common consensus yesterday, gleamed from my comments, twitter and reading other blogs was that the win in the Middle Eastlands was superb.

Most people also agreed that Sky did their best to play down the size of our win. Let them, we made a mug of them last year when they ousted us from their top four image and included Liverpool and City so we can make fools of them again this year.

That's no problem.

So, do we have time to dwell on yesterday? Well, not really as we have a Carling Cup match coming up and as Arsene has decided we are going for all trophies this year I guess I should start to take it a little bit seriously. That's the thing with having dismissed it for so long, should we win it I run the risk of looking like a bit of a fool should I celebrate too wildly. What to do, what to do? Well, looking like a fool has never really stopped me before so let's do that then.

What was evident from the bench at the Middle Eastlands at the weekend was that we do have that much fabled strength in depth that many have said we've been lacking for some time. I haven't been one of those, I saw that injuries were what was robbing us of our depth, and I know some would say then we should have had more players but really, how many strikers/left backs/midfielders do you want?

With players returning every week it seems as though the injury hokey-kokey has finally slowed down, although out injury list does contain integral members of the first team such as Van Persie and Vermaelen. Some might argue that Almunia should be counted too but I don't and have a feeling we could see the Spaniard leave in January in his quest for first team football.

Good luck with that.

Click here to read the rest of the blog on the new site (awaiting NewsNow redirection)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Early team Prediction for Newcastle game:

GK - Schezney

LB - Gibbs
RB - Eboue
CB - Koschienly
CB - Djourou

CM - Denilson
CM - Lansbury
CM - Rosicky

RM - Walcott
LM - Vela/Emmaunal-Thomas
ST - Bendtner

CLT Gooner said...

That looks like a line up that I would pick too. Walcott and Nick need a good run out. Hopefully Kos can come back in. Fantastic result at the weekend. Well deserved!